Sunday, July 17, 2011

Home sweet home

It's so good...
Thanks to God - I'm in my dear Latvia, home. I landed at Riga airport yesterday after 1 PM. While I was still flying my mind couldn't believe that I'm really flying to Latvia. But when I saw first Latvia's trees, television tower, apartment building through the window, I said to myself: My country! And I started to feel "Latvia's smell" and I believed. First steps in Latvia were a little shaky. I thought I'll faint because I misses a night due to time zone change. Sleeplessness and excitement created a funny mix of feelings. But when I saw all my welcomers... OH! All my loved ones... almost all...It was such a feeling of happiness that's hard to describe. And the biggest surprise was the 3 indians who had come from some kind of Latvian jungle. Huge thank you! From all my heart!
I went to my dear Jelgava church today and it felt like I was in a special "dimension"... all the love and smiles... Little Emanuel (6 years) signaled me from the other side of the church with his toothless smile that he's excited that I have returned. His mom told me later that all this time he has prayed for Liene to come home :) Sometimes he forgot about to pray for his dad's long travels but he always remembered to pray for Liene. So special. 
Dear Milda said that she had made a special prayed notebook and she had written something about me there every day. Radiant Gunta told me that she has felt special blessings and encouragements from God in Latvia while she was praying for me in Rincon. Little girls came to me from all sides and asked when there will be a slumber party at my house. Little Emanuel wanted to come too and he became very sad when I asked him: Are you a girl? :) I guess I will have to figure out something for this little boy, too :) It was a special joy to return and that this part of the ocean was blessed too during this time.
In the afternoon Numa and Elizabeth visited me at my home and I was able to show them Bolivia pictures and different interesting souvenirs, attributes from the jungle :)


And now an important date:


August 21, after the worship service at Jelgava Baptist church that starts at 11:00 AM I will show my pictures and tell about my time in Rincon. So - see you then :)


And again - ENDLESS thank you for your prayers and support during all these months. God answered the prayers. And you know what - He still answers. Therefore I REALLY would like to ask you to continue to pray for Rincon. That God would continue to give strength to the few heroes that will continue the work there. And pray that new people would respond to God's calling to preach to the end of the world... to Rincon :) Let's pray. And maybe God wants to see YOU there? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment