Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Royal treatment in Brazil

I can't tell how privileged and special I feel here...
I spent few nice day with Ondina and then on Saturday morning I went to Zinaida. It's so good here! I ate strawberry cake with whipped cream, strawberry jam with fresh strawberries on top of that :D Good stuff! I had dreamt about strawberries for 6 months. Lovely Zinaida washed and ironed all my clothes that had become a little brown.
I showed some of my pictures and videos at Sunday service and told about my jungle adventures. ALL people came to greet me, hug me and say some special words. Lots of love! Then we went for lunch with forever energetic, laughing and singing Kristine Frishenbruder and her family. We had the largest lasagna I had ever seen. I especially remember their gigantic dog that was laying on a table!
In the evening I went to Americana First Baptist Church where I almost fell asleep while listening to the never-ending sermon in Portuguese. But it finished right before I fell asleep. Then we went to eat pastel and drink milkshakes with the local youth. This was an unique evening because we simultaneously had conversations in 3 languages - English, Spanish, Portuguese. at one point I thought my brain will collapse, but I endured this challenge and we had a really fun, international evening :) We went home listening to Michael W. Smith. And I have to say that Smitty unites all nations of the world. Thank you, Smitty!
Yesterday, that is on Monday, two Latvian ladies who don't speak Latvian took me to the HUUUUUUGE shopping mall in Campina. It is the biggest in Latin America! And I went SHOPPING :) At first I was confused to see so many new clothes! I carefully walked through countess aisles  and got a glimpse of the latest fashion and then went to try on something! Even few new items in my suitcase give me a feeling that my closet is fresh and up to date :) I bought a very special dress, my friend Karlis Karklins will like a lot :D
And we finished the night with a movie... it's a huge pleasure!
Tonight I will have lunch with bishop Peter Sprogis :) I hadn't seen him for a long time, will have  a lot of catching up to do :)
Life is good! And tomorrow I'm flying to my sister!
Life seams unreal. Everything that happens is SO special :)
Se you really soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment