Sunday, July 17, 2011

Howdy from Texas!

July 8
Thanks to God for the successful trip and security checks - I'm in Houston!
A lot of highways, beautiful houses, good food, good people... everything is so good... It's hard to believe it's real. It's a surreal feeling.
Few words about my way here.
Tuesday, my last nigh in Brazil. I had beautiful dinner with Mucenieks family and bishop Peteris Sprogis in Nova Odessa. It was so nice to meet someone from Latvia, someone who had been there few days ago. I learned what's new in baptist union, we talked about the movies they showed on board and discussed best ways to fall asleep on the plane.
I spend about an hour on Wednesday morning and packed everything. I had big suitcases because I had added different nice things from Brazil.
In the afternoon Ondina and her nephews came to take me to Sao Paulo airport. At first they couldn't find me on the passenger list, but in a while I finally was able to check in! Then was time for goodbyes... I can't believe I had to say goodbye to my Ondina. The six months spend shoulder to shoulder have been very special... but we hope to meet again. If God wills!
The flight was successful, 10 hours long. I didn't sleep much on the plane and all my sleep was gone when I saw who had come to pick me up at the airport - sister, Robert, Billy and Janie. My sister was holding a poster: Profe Liene! And Janie gave me wonderful flowers.
When we exited the airport it was hard to breath in the unusually hot air. It's different kind of heat than in Rincon.
And everything else is simply unbelievably beautiful, clean, convenient life which surprised me so much... life in the jungle changes you.
But I am incredibly grateful to God! I'm enjoying my time in North America.
And I'm counting days till Latvia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment