Monday, April 4, 2011

Thank you!

My dear supporters! I wanted to say thank you from all my heart that you are with me! I can't even put into words how much I appreciate your prayers. I know that God really listens. The heat I was afraid of before I came here is not so bad after all. Physical tiredness quickly goes away and new strength arrives so I can continue to do everything that I need to do. My Spanish is getting more and more fluent. English classes at school are starting to show some results. My health is great! My flesh has suffered though, I have an ulcer on my arm because I burned my arm when I made banana jam, and I got a raw spot on one of my fingers after doing laundry (manually), another finger has a cut by knife, my legs are sunburned and the mosquito bites have become big and itchy... that's not the nicest view, I use a white ointment on the bites... but that's not important. I will not be able to take my flesh to heaven after all. The most important thing is that God renews the inner being again and again. And there are some other things I asked you to pray for in Latvia that are being answered. Sometimes I get emotionally tired but I believe that it's temporarily and humanly...
And I wanted to thank those who came to my goodbye party in Riga. And thank you so much that you wrote me letters that I can open here on certain dates. For some letters the due date has arrived and that's a great joy! The first one was from Eliza, I opened it when I had been in Rincon for a month. She wrote golden words there - that she would fit here very well and that we could handle those "indians" with double power :) I loved the first sentence from my little brother: You are crazy :D And I was very encouraged by his drawing - four sacks. Each one of them had a label on them, they are thigs my brother thought I'd need here: Patience, Peace, Heart to share and Joy. EXACTLY!!! It's what I needed. I had to open his teller on March 12 which is his birthday. March 16 was Ansis' birthday and he, too, wanted me to read a letter on his birthday. He asked me to sing him a Happy Birthday song in Spanish. Ansis, I did it! I didn't sing it VERY loudly, but I sang it :) Valters wanted me to open his letter in his birthday too :D (I love that the boys have a similar logic!) He really enlightened me with a drawing where you can see Liene with a spear and next to her lies a wild pig that she had killed :D Well... there are pigs here... the Ayoreos have different weapons, too... I guess I should start to hunt. Thank you to Inguna for awesome lines of poetry:
My dear, beautiful Liene
Even in Bolivia you are not alone!
And when a day goes by,
You're not standing like a wall.
You don't get tired doing good works.
The big, the small, the tall, the short,
May God let you hug them all.


I can't wait to open the other letters! Oh, and then I was excited to read a letter I, Sandra and Agrita wrote FIVE years ago. That was so interesting... I encourage you to write letters to yourself in future! In five years it will very interesting to read them.
Letters definitely rule! I can't wait for Tuesday to come. I hope pastor will have time to go to the post office again. I'd like to hope that something is waiting for me there... :) Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment