Sunday, February 20, 2011

Time simply disappears

I'm out of time lately. Brazilian sisters who helped in the kitchen are gone and we have to do everything they did. I get up together with the girls at 5:45 AM and we go straight to the kitchen... and I spend most of my day there except when I go to school to teach English or have lunch break. If there is nothing to do in the kitchen then there is a girl who needs help with her homework or there is someone who wants her hair braided, I need to do the laundry, we have evening meetings, worship meetings, and then I still need to find time to take a shower. So my days are quickly gone. But they all are of great value! Usually there are some girls helping in the kitchen and I get to talk and sing with them. They have started to show some interest and motivation to learn English - soI teach them some English songs and they ask for English words and learn them. I'm really happy about that! I got to teach Ligretto (Dutch Blitz) to the older girls! And I think they got it. Few more games and they might become faster than me :D And Ligretto is the best game where they can practice what they've learned in their English classes - colors and numbers. Therefore during the game they joyfully shout out which card they need in English. Way to go :)
And sister Ondina has returned to Rincon! (Yes, Ondina not Undine how I have been calling her so far. There was a little misunderstanding. So now I'm making a correction that she's the same sister who came with me on the bus and then later by taxi to Rincon - Ondina). And I was unusually happy to see her. She was in Corumba all this time seeing her dentist. Now she has returned here to fix the children's teeth... and there is a lot of work. There are many black holes :D When I saw her I had a feeling that I had met someone from my previous life - someone who was there before Rincon. She showed me her dentist's office, now I know A LOT about dentist's machines, liquids, materials... I don't get to talk to other dentists about these things usually. Now I had the chance :)
My bathroom is ready, but it still needs some improvements before I can use it entirely. Local workers have not completed some things. Brother John looked at it and said: Of course... it's Bolivia :D And he also said it looks like they have tried to make a swimming pool not a bathroom :D 
And it's a CRAZY mosquito season. There was a mosquito reunion in my new bathroom last night. I walked in there last night and there was an unusually loud buzz... I turned on my flashlight - WOW - a bazillion of them! They all hung out in my new abode. But they're in every humid place these days.
Getting online has become more exclusive simply because there is not enough time... so please accept that I'm not online so often :) You are in my thoughts and prayers every day! May God give you great joy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment