Monday, January 10, 2011

2nd day in Brazil

This could be called a day of miracles. I was constantly surprised by something. Seriously! Zanda told me she was fascinated by how fascinated I was about everything :D
In the morning we  went to church. Wow, a Brazilian church! Worship team was full of cool Brazilian guys and beautiful Brazilian girls. After church I was introduced to many many people who talked to me in their language and kissed me on both cheeks. Pastor's name is Jānis Puriņš (a very Latvian name). He is one of those whose grandparents moved from Latvia to Brazil during war in 20th century.
Then I had an exquisite lunch at Thiago's parents' place. They always have several different dishes per meal. This time we had rice, beans, chips, french-fries, chicken filled crepes and roast beef. I'd say - pretty normal!
After lunch we went to see miracles. We visited the world's largest jungle within a city. There we drank water from an impressive waterfall. And before and after this jungle we made 1000 crazy turns on hilly roads. WOW! Thiago is a crazy good driver. Finally I felt what it means: You're driving me crazy :D
On our way we saw butterflies as big as my hand, real wild monkeys and boys who played with their horse in the mud. City view from the mountaintop... I was speechless! I used both of my cameras until the battery died. I LOVE Brazil!
By the way - it's +37C (+98F)!
I think we are going to ride a ferry tomorrow that stops in several different beaches... looks like another wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment