Sunday, January 30, 2011

School

Today was the first day when I fulfilled one of my teachers' obligations. I attended a 3 hour long teachers' meeting that was in Spanish only! I courageously told them a little about myself in Spanish... and for the rest of the meeting I tried not to fall asleep because everyone spoke so fast that I could't follow the conversations although I really tried at first. In the beginning all the teachers stared at me as if I had green hair, blue face and yellow ears... they got used to me in couple of hours! Now I really know how black people feel when white people stare at them! There is so much to do before the new school year.Pray for all the teachers, Velta, principal Panfil, me and the others who try to make sure everything goes successfully! We are doing a hard but very important work!
Local Ayoreos and Bolivians are so amazing people... every day they surprise me with their actions or way of thinking. They certainly are not related to Latvians. I promise to tell more another time! Tomorrow is Sunday, I have to sing a solo at church. I will sing the good old Light of the World! And I will try to explain what the song is about in Spanish!
With a big smile,
your Liene


P.S. For those who read this in English - all respect and gratitude to Agrita who is translating all my thoughts so faithfully and perfectly! It's not an easy thing, but she is doing a good job, isn't she?

1 comment:

  1. I understand about falling asleep during teachers' meetings. I have done that when the meeting was in English and I could understand the language!!! I do appreciated Agrita -- a bunch!!! Thanks for the updates -- sending much love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete