Tuesday, January 18, 2011

wooooow

Dear friends,
You will never guess where I am... at a internet cafe in Puerto Suarez, Bolivia! WOW! We arrived in Bolivia about two hours ago and all this time were searching for someone who could take us to Rincon. Don Silvio had agreed to do it. We went to his house. He was scratching his belly and said that he can't take us there because his car is broken. Then he took us to another don who could take us. But he just smoked, laughed and said no in Spanish. Then we went to one more person but he also said no. So we found a hotel where to spend the night because we will not make it to Rincon tonight. In the first hotel we started to bring our bags in when aunt Undine said: No, we will not stay here because they don't serve morning coffee!!! WOW! So we looked for another hotel. In the next hotel they served breakfast and we decided to stay there.  Local taxi driver took us to all these places. A very patient person, although he seemed frustrated at some point, he helped us till the end!
Then we looked for a place where to eat.
But I can't stop wondering about Bolivia. WOW! Total mess! From the moment we crossed the border... everyone can go back and forth. If you go by taxi  no one asks for your documents. Roads are awful. We are riding in the taxi and hear how it slowly breaks... People are totally different than in Brazil. They look more like native indians. And they look at me like at a miracle... I guess I am quite white for them.
OK, aunt Undine is waiting for me to finish. She is my Patience teacher!
But I'm alive and well... just in a different place. But tomorrow we hope to go to Rincon. For now, I will keep wondering about Bolivia!
And again, thank you for your prayers! They carry me through all this culture shock. But I like it! Hugs and kisses!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome news, Sis! We are praying for your safety. Lovev you to the moon and back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks God that Ondina went with you :) nice to read about your trip! God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish I could be a "fly on the wall" and see all of these amazing experiences you are having. Love you and praying for you daily!

    ReplyDelete