Saturday, January 15, 2011

Goodbye Rio!

I'm spending the last minutes at Zanda's and Thiago's home in Rio. This week has been FANTASTIC! I loved every minute of it! And I strongly suggest everyone to visit Brazil. Thiago says, for 1000 lats (2000$) he'd show Rio to anyone!
This day was wonderful. Finally we went to the Botanical garden and felt like in paradise... everything was so, so beautiful! I'll try to add some pictures. The walk through the garden refreshed my soul - seriously!
Thiago was bored at the garden after we saw the first palm tree. Then he took us to his favorite place in the city - a field by the airport. It's the perfect date spot, he says - you don't have to spend money and time, you feel completely satisfied after spending a little time there. We watched planes land and take off all the time... and they were so close. Thiago watches then and says: It's so beautiful, so beautiful...
We were not the only ones there. Time after time other Brazilian men joined us. I guess it's a national thing :D
Then we went to Rio downtown. I almost felt like I was in Europe. We met a friend of Thiago who joined us for pizza. But it wasn't a regular pizza place! There you pay a certain amount and then girls come and offer you 20 or 30 kinds of pizza all night long. Grab and eat as much as you can. Discovery of the night - sweet pizzas! WOW! Strawberry, banana, pineapple, chocolate, cinnamon and other kinds of pizzas... we ate and ate... at the end of night Zanda said that she will deliver a chocolate baby :D
And then we went to say goodbye to Thiago's family. A part of my heart stayed there. Thiago's mommy gave me a pillow and jungle-themed bed linens... and she cried... Thiago's family treated me as their own daughter, I'm very grateful for that :)
The bags are packed. I have to go to the bus station to take the 7 hour ride on the Brazil's hilly roads to Campinas. Then Nova Odessa and then soon I'll arrive in Rincon!
Thank you for your prayers! Keep praying! I really feel that I am carried by your prayers!
And thank you for each comment - they give me assurance that I'm never alone :) Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment