Thursday, January 13, 2011

5th day

Hi!
This day was full of exciting new things!
In the morning Thiago and I went to by bread at the local store because we didn't have anything to put under ham and cheese. I begged to take the whole grain bread because it's more healthy. But Thiago says: " No, we will take the white bread, because you will die anyway. Doesn't matter if  you eat the white bread or the dark one." I couldn't fight back this argument.
We also bought almost half of the fruit the store offered. All kinds of miracles grow here. I have to try everything. We also bought oranges and made orange juice and praised God that we were in South America :)
For lunch I was taken to the local "restaurant". When I entered it took me quite a while until I believed that they really serve food there and that people actually go there to eat! A suspicious, tarnished, hot place... if Latvian inspection saw this place, they would close it down right away and would make them pay a compensation to everyone who ever came to eat at this place. A really dark place :D But if you don't look at the visual appearance of this place then the food was actually good! I added some pictures from the "restaurant" below. In one of then you see Thiago holding their hand written receipt :)
The we went to the MARKET! If you ever thought that Riga Central market is a big loud mess then it's not true. Brazilian market is a crazy, loud, full and amazing place on the earth! You can buy everything you can not imagine!
We went to the market on a train. It was quite exotic as well. Every train has a special car for women only. It's because they are always so packed and some men may take advantage of being so close to women... therefore, women who doesn't want to be touched by men can go on a train without them!
Late in the evening Thiago and I went to eat at his parent's place. Zanda stayed home to do some translation work. Since Thiago had bought some new computer games at the black market, he left me alone and started to explore all his new games at his brother's computer. He left me with his parents whose English skills begin and end with "Hello! Thank you! Good!" And they want to talk sooooo much. And mom can't understand why I want to go to Bolivia... i used a little bit of my Spanish. Thank God, Thiago's brother joined us and his English is a little better that his parents'. So eventually they understood why I am going to Bolivia :)
Please pray for my red skin. It's getting a little better, but it still burns... I've tried many creams and lotions... Somehow I should get my normal skin back by the time I have to go to Rincon! :)
Two more days in Rio, then I'm going to Nova Odessa!

No comments:

Post a Comment