Saturday, June 18, 2011

Back to reality, that is, Rincon's home

June 13
It's been almost a week since I returned from my trip. And you might think that I'm talking like a granny but I only remember major events from our trip. Details have remained in photos and videos. Returning to daily duties make you forget. But it's OK!
Three more Americans have arrived in Rincon - they flew in yesterday. 3 kids from Dallas. Even though we met yesterday, today at the dinner table we laughed and chatted like we had known each other for years. They all are 19 - Hannah, Elise and Ben! They have taken Spanish classes at school so they can say some sentences. Some :) But they are very determined to learn the language till August. Both girls are staying in my room. So now I have some company. One of them is slightly... bigger... therefore the bed and toilet seat broke within first few hours. But brother Janis can fix anything! Dalia, one of my chiquitas, approached me and whispered in my ear: Tu amiga is very, very big! (Your friend is very, very big) :D They are surprised to see... a bigger girl. But girls are very nice and happy. And it is so interesting to see how they talk and are surprised by the very same things I was surprised about 5, 6 months ago. Now I have the honor to show, explain and teach them everything... And it's a very extraordinary feeling.
Hannah no. 1 will take over my English classes. She is coming to my English classes and watching and helping me... Panfila told her to come with me and learn how it should be done :) I also show her my kitchen duties... Hannah no. 2 and Elise will stay in my dorm room and I'm showing them things they'll have to do when I'm not there. It is very interesting that I have to gradually give my responsibilities over to next workers... a huge thank you to God that there are girls who will be able to help until August! Girls and I are counting days we still have together... very little. We have only one more Sunday together ahead of us. They  hug me more frequently... (and unconsciously add more inhabitants to my nitty head :D but I will get my head clean soon:) ) We're starting to plan what we will do on our last night together. Girls are asking for a big cake and offering a concert :) And every day I'm feeling different... I can't believe that it's going to be over soon. Where did these 6 month go?
This morning I shrieked with excitement! :D I ate my liver pate sandwich as Velta brought in 3 parcels!!! A thick envelope from Houston, sweet and very special letter from Jelgava home and a little mysterious postcard from Rome! A fantastic beginning of the day!
God is GOOD! And such is the time He has given me.
Please pray for Velta's and Ondina's health. Velta's arms and legs are hurting really badly often. Ondina is still recovering from flu she had quite a long time ago. Pray for new missionaries, who could come and stay here for a longer time! Pray without doubt and it will happen :)

P.S. In a month I will be in Texas with my sister and other loved ones! I saw my niece Adele in a dream last night. She was so, so beautiful I couldn't take my eyes off of her!
Love and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment