Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Last week

Rincon is like desert now. Not that it lacks green but because it's totally quiet and there are probably a dozen people here. So weird...
But it's my duty to feed that dozen. Velta left me all Rincon's keys and other things I have to manage. So I cook good meals together with Edna and Marta who live here. Ondina and I are going to drug store and helping those who are sick. I sell phone cards, feed and cure dogs.
It's so good to have friends from Texas here. Totally our own people.
Oh, I finally got to go to the famous "Aguas calientes" that is a lake where hot water comes from underground. A paradise-like place! Warm, clean, blue water in the middle of jungle. We spent few fantastic hours there.
Velta will come home from Corumba on Saturday. Ondina and I will leave in the same taxi Velta will arrive in. We will got o Puerto Suarez where we will stay at pastor's house until Monday morning when I have to go to Brazil's consular office to get Brazilian visa. Then we plan to go to Corumba on Monday where we'll spend one or three nights. It depends on whether Ondina will have an appointment with her dentist or not. If she goes to see her dentist we will go to Nova Odessa on Thursday. I will spend several days there. On July 6th I will fly to Texas to see my sister and other dear Texans!
I can't stop wonder that this is my last week. My heart is full! I wish I could turn on an audio device and tell you everything but oh well... let's wait until Latvia...
I still need courage until the very end to finish well! I keep thanking God every day!
And I want to say a BIG thank you to Kristine for the parcel I finally received after two months. Thank you to everyone who had written letters to me!!! If you knew how I smiled and rejoiced! I laughed and cried. My friends, my gold! I can't wait to thank you and hug you in real life!
OK, I have to go kitchen to cook dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment