Saturday, June 25, 2011

Last night

I know I have said it before but I really can't believe it's over. I have never had 6 months pass by so quickly.
I'm at Jansons' home with my five dear Texans. We will have a little goodbye party. We making popcorn and drinking Coke.
Velta will try to get the earliest taxi possible to come to Rincon. Ondina and I have to ready to leave at any moment. Ondina is thoroughly preparing for that whole week long.
I'm glad that my kitchen duty is over. Several papaya cakes, carrot cake, grapefruit dessert, meatball soup, pizza lo macho, crepes with meat filling, delicious cookies and other delicious things. It was our menu this week. Eaters were smiling and satisfied. Such a joy!
A local Ayoreo woman came to visit me for the last time with her handmade jewelery. I gave her my last 20 Bolivians. Surprisingly she gave me a discount, which is not common to Ayoreos. She gave me a wide toothless smile and promised to give me some more jewelery when I return.
I visited several Ayoreo families yesterday. I had a 7th grade student Velta with me, she's an Ayoreo but she perfectly speaks Spanish and she helped me communicate with the locals. They all were very hospitable, asked me several questions about my parents, my husband (!!!) and about returning. The oldest Ayoreo Iyadate let me record her wonderful song, I saw how men made turtle soup and then ate it. Ladies made the typical bags on the ground. An excellent afternoon.
I finished packing an hour ago. I looked and marveled how all my 6 months fit in two suitcases... Please pray for Ondina's and my trip. They are forecasting rain and fog on our route. There have been several car accidents. May God clear the foggy roads and help drivers be really alert. To my surprise I'm still receiving some parcels. I want to say a big thank you to Tanya for the special letter and beautiful pictures! It was a nice surprise. And a special thank you to Janie for valuable reading material i received last week!
It's over... I'm leaving Rincon tomorrow. What will I take with me besides 2 suitcases? A heart full of love to and from my girls and my special Rincon's friends. Many blessings and wisdom from God... and many colorful memories...
Brother Janis told me today that he will stab the tyres tomorrow so I can't go anywhere...
I love this place! From all my heart. But on the other hand I'm really happy that I will be home soon! I can't wait to be back... Oh well... I don't know when I will write the next time, it won't be Rincon for sure... at least for a while...
Thank you for your prayers. And keep praying please!!! There is SO MUCH power in prayer!!!


Love,
Liene

No comments:

Post a Comment