Saturday, June 4, 2011

Greetings from Santa Cruz!

May 30
Hola my dears!!!
I'm at Jansons family home in Santa Cruz. I have spent the last three nights either on train or bus. Finally we will get to sleep in a real bed! Yes! Panfila and I are pretty tired but it was worth it! I have seen some of Bolivia... something more than the jungle and the borderland mess. I love it so much!!! I don't think I could live here but as a tourist you have a lot of things to admire! Colors, sounds, girls that look like they're from Mexican soaps, old ladies who wear 5 skirts at the time, traffic crazier than in Turkey, many big eyes that stared at me, constantly bargaining with someone, shop owner's sweet lies and overstuffed shelves, taxi drivers everwhere, the brightness of Cochabamba, bloody finger, lost photo and video camera, Bolivian uncle's kiss, underaged seller... and so much more.
Thanks to God for this adventure!!!
I will try to write later about this trip. But generally - BIG HAPPINESS!!!
Tomorrow we go back to the jungle... and then back to civilization on June 25th... and this time entirely.
Viva la Bolivia!

1 comment:

  1. My dear Liene, I can't believe that you are already so far along in this journey! It is such a pleasure to read your blog. Thank you for sharing with us. Love you and can't wait to see you. Praying for you always.

    ReplyDelete