Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sweet Tuesday

Several different things happened today (May 17). Not exactly huge sensations but here everything that differs from everyday routine seems special. Velta had to go to Puerto Suarez with pastor to take care of some paperwork at the police station. It was so weird that we had to spend this day without Velta's wise supervision and care. But we managed everything. And we expected to see Ondina again who was away for a week to take care of her teeth. Around 5PM I heard the airplane noise in the sky and rushed to the airfield. I had never ran so fast to greet someone. Halfway there Panfila caught me, she was going there by car to load everything pastor had brought. And yes, my friends Velta and Ondina came out of the plane. Even though we were separated for a short time I was so happy to see them again. After hugs and greetings I found out how they had been doing. Turns out pastor didn't get across the border to Corumba because Bolivians had started a strike on the border. Therefore he didn't get to go to the post office... two letters I had carefully written and prepared with love returned to me and will wait for the next Tuesday. And since the border is closed, Ondina had to walk 2km from Brazil with all her bags. The desire to return back home helped her endure all hardships that happened on the road. She couldn't have survived one more week without us :)
Later my friends gave me some city goods. I was so happy! They gave me rare treats - apples and tangerines :) Ondina had saved a small piece of chicken she had in the city. She had carefully wrapped it in a piece of foil and after few minutes in the oven it smelled great and tasted even better... And they replenished my chocolate stock. And Velta had bought a toilet brush for me... I really needed one. I better not tell you how I cleaned my toilet before. I know, I know  - did I really have to write it here... but you know - these items mean a lot here! You can't go to a local Rimi, Maxima or Walmart to quickly buy everything... if someone brings it from the city it's a great joy. Now my toilet shines :)
And again God answered our prayers. We prayed for a successful teeth surgery for Ondina. Doctors said that she couldn't feel her mouth for two weeks... BUT... nothing hurts and she can feel everything. She said that she had experienced a wonderful peace of God during the surgery. I also prayed that Velta could quickly do all the paperwork and have some time for rest if she has gotten to see the outer world after all. And God answered this prayer. Velta came back and told that paperwork went really smoothly and she got to walk through Puerto Suarez shops. Shopping is her therapy :) Praise to God for answered prayers!
I love my big Rincon's friends. And I really hope that they will visit their fatherland one day. For the first time in their lifetime! We have some certain hopes regarding this. Let's pray they come true :)

No comments:

Post a Comment