Monday, June 27, 2011

Corumba

I'm sitting at a dark and suspicious looking internet cafe in Corumba, Brazil. Ondina and I were running errands all day long and we devoted a bit of our time to sightseeing, too. Quite pleasant city with a historic touch that gives you a cool look. I liked it.
We were at Puerto Suarez consular office at 8:00 AM because the office was supposed to open then. The manager arrived at 9:00 AM and started to talk to us at 9:10 AM. And in 2 hours I had gotten another Brazilian visa and we could start to look for a taxi that would take us to the border. It was nice to return to the unique Bolivian office once more, the same officer worked there. 3 months ago he had really long nails. He had cut his nails this time and he was wearing a black glove with red flames on one hand. A great look. Of course, all Bolivian heroes still looked me from the pictures on the walls. I got the necessary stamp that let me out of Bolivia and we walked across the border to the next office to bet Brazilian stamp. Everything was OK. We bought the bus ticket for our 24 hour ride to Nova Odessa tomorrow at 8:00 AM. 
I'm really sad that my phone is still not working. It shows that I have coverage but I can't call of text anyone. So sad... I was SO excited that I would return to civilization and thus to the wonderful world of cell phone connection... I'd really appreciate if anyone could give some advice how I could communicate via cell phone again.
It's really wintery here. I'm wearing 4 layers and I kept my arms in the pockets most of the time so they would not freeze. I didn't expect it to be this cold here.
Thanks to God, everything is good.
I want to go home SO much. More every day...
I send you all my love from Brazil! Every day I am closer to my home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment